We are proud to announce the official release of SmartGit 2.
SmartGit is a graphical front-end for the distributed version control system Git and runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
SmartGit helps Git beginners getting started quickly and makes advanced users more productive with its efficient user interface to Git, the most powerful DVCS today.
The most important new or improved features of SmartGit 2 are (complete change log):
- added a lot of commands (check out, add/remove added a lot of commands (check out, add/remove tag/branch, merge, cherry-pick, reverse-merge, rebase)
- the history of renamed/moved files is shown
- unified merge, cherry-pick and reverse-merge
- simplified rebase
- support for .gitattributes and sparse working copies
- better support for authenticated http repository access