Starting today at about 2:00 pm (GMT), we are receiving now frequently reports that trojan Downloader.Banload.ANUF is found in the SmartSVN Windows bundles (installer, as well as portable bundle). People reporting this trojan are using the AVG free anti-virus scanner. [Update] AVG has just confirmed the false positives and gives instructions how to handle them.[/Update] The supposedly infected files are:
- smartsvn.exe (MD5: 6f039e0164c72fe92195fca29eab67f5)
- smartsvnc.exe (MD5: 5bfb7e22662c3b49bbbf9b1d1d4ac1aa)
- iconSmartSvnExe (MD5: 6f039e0164c72fe92195fca29eab67f5)
We have checked these files with virusscan.jotti.org which tests with different virus scanners and all except AVG can’t find something suspicious. Locally, we have run Avira Antivir and NOD32 which also found the files being clean.
If you are uncertain, please use a different antivirus software to verify, too, and leave us a comment. Thanks!
We are proud to announce the first public version of SmartGit, a client for the distributed version control system Git.
We would like to invite everyone to give this first milestone build a try and share your ideas with us.
Please do not yet expect a mature client like SmartSVN or SmartCVS, but expect SmartGit improving quickly. 🙂
Join the SmartGit community
SmartGit requires a Git installation on your system. Basic commands like initializing a new repository, cloning an existing one, staging, unstaging and committing files, fetching remote and pushing local changes, graphical log, simple branching and merging already work.
We have released a new bug-fix release for SmartSVN 6. It contains following changes:
- Change Report: Internal error if for a file neither working copy nor pristine copy could be accessed
- Directory Tree: Possible Internal error if keeping “Scanning” node selected
- Exit: Internal error when writing the settings on fails
- File Compare: Internal Error in undo code
- File name completion: Sorting broken
- Mac: Window menu’s JRadioButtonMenuItems used to switch between different application windows behave like independent checkboxes (toggle themself)
- Property Compare: Does not repaint after changing the font in the preferences
- Refresh: Possible internal error
- Repository Browser: Internal error when entering URL for “Create Directory” dialog
- Revision Graph: If invoked from with Repository Browser, Tag-Branch-Layout is not initialized (if necessary)
- Startup: Internal error when Java Accessibility Bridge is installed for JRE
- Transactions: Possible internal error for log entries without message (regression since 6.0.2)
- Transactions: Rollback does not work for projects located at sub-directory of a trunk/branch (according to the Tag-Branch-Layout)
- Update: Possible internal error
- Update: Possible internal error for missing directory scheduled for deletion
- Mac: replaced JavaApplicationStub to be able to use Java 6 after Mac update 10.5.7
Download SmartSVN 6.0.4
In contrast to other SVN clients, SmartSVN is caching log information locally in a so-called “Log Cache”. The local log information is used to display transactions as well as speeding up the Log and Revision Graph commands.
Generating a Revision Graph from log information is a quite complex operation with SVN (usually the complete repository history has to be analyzed, I don’t want to go into the technical details here). So, for instance showing a Revision Graph on the “build.xml” file from our source tree took approx. one minute with SmartSVN 6. Now, with the new optimized storage and code it takes approx. 5 seconds.