This view shows 'outgoing' commits.
This usually means unpushed commits, but in the case of a Git-Flow feature or bugfix
branch, it also means already pushed commits of this specific branch.
In case of submodules commits, they will also be shown.
The Path column shows the relative location of the commit's repository (usually
. for the currently selected repository).
To push only a subset of your local commits, select the latest commit to be pushed and invoke Push Commits.
The Outgoing view supports certain workflows to cleanup the commits.
- To join adjacent commits, select them and invoke Join Commits and provide the new commit message.
- To reorder commits, just use drag and drop.
- To coalesce two (not necessarily adjacent) commits with the same commit message, drag one of the commits onto the other one.
- To change the commit message, select the commit and invoke Edit Commit Message.
- To change the author, select the commit and invoke Edit Author.
All those operations need a clean working tree and will not work if merge commits would be affected. The behavior of how commit times will (or will not) be adjusted can be configured by system properties (smartgit.pushableCommits.preserveAuthorDate).
To just change the commit message of the last commit (even for a merge commit), a clean working tree is not required if you invoke Local|Edit Last Commit Message.