We are delighted to announce the official release of SmartGit 19.1. First, we want to thank all users who have tested the preview versions and provided valuable feedback. Without you, the progress would not have been possible!
We have taken the SmartGit user feedback at smartgit.userecho.com seriously and implemented some of the most requested features. SmartGit 19.1
- improves the performance, especially for large repositories,
- improves the dark theme (on Windows 10 the scrollbars and menus became dark, on macOS 10.14 the system light/dark option is considered),
- improves log graph display for rebasing (shows done/pending commits),
- makes the split-commit work-flow intuitively understandable and safer,
- support for Git-Flow AVH,
- better uses the screen space by combining the Details and Commit Message views into the Commit view,
- allows to perform directoy-based commands in the log,
- and improved a lot of other existing features.
Check out What’s New for a more detailed list of improvements in version 19.1.
SmartGit is a graphical front-end for the distributed version control systems Git which also can be used to work with Subversion repositories. SmartGit runs on 64-bit systems of Windows 7 – 10, macOS 10.11 – 10.14 and Linux.
SmartGit can be used free of charge for non-commercial purposes (e.g. by OpenSource developers, students, teachers or certain welfare institutions). For commercial use or if support is needed, you can purchase commercial licenses. The commercial licenses include up to 3 years of e-mail support and up to life-long free updates. For early adopters, we are offering up to 40% early adopter discount until Aug 23th 2018. Details can be found when launching SmartGit or by our Twitter, Facebook and Google+ channels.
Note: if you already have an existing installation of SmartGit and your license supports free upgrades, you will be upgraded automatically during the next couple of days.