We released a new bug fix for SmartCVS 7. It contains following changes:
- file permissions were reset to default while switching a file to another branch
- file compare: assertion in undo code
- assertion opening the commit dialog
- Log: could not change the commit message of a dead revision
- Mac, Window menu: radio button menu items behaved like independent checkbox menu items
- Mac: replaced JavaApplicationStub to be able to use Java 6 after Mac update 10.5.7
Download SmartCVS 7.0.9
In contrast to other SVN clients, SmartSVN is caching log information locally in a so-called “Log Cache”. The local log information is used to display transactions as well as speeding up the Log and Revision Graph commands.
Generating a Revision Graph from log information is a quite complex operation with SVN (usually the complete repository history has to be analyzed, I don’t want to go into the technical details here). So, for instance showing a Revision Graph on the “build.xml” file from our source tree took approx. one minute with SmartSVN 6. Now, with the new optimized storage and code it takes approx. 5 seconds.