If SmartSVN fails to load apr-1 on Fedora 30, it most likely is caused by the removal of libcrypt.so.1. To fix, you need to install the libxcrypt-compat bundle:
sudo yum install libxcrypt-compat
If SmartGit 18.2 does not start on your Linux while SmartGit 18.1 worked fine, the reason might be that 18.1 used GTK2 and 18.2 uses GTK3. Use following instructions to let SmartGit 18.2 use GTK2, too:
- if the directory ~/.local/share/smartgit exists, please delete it
- copy lib/org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86_64.jar from the SmartGit 18.1 installation to 18.2
- in bin/smartgit.sh remove the leading # from the line
- configure SmartGit to update the installation for new builds (Preferences, page SmartGit Updates, option Update SmartGit application in-place)
- ensure, that the installation is up-to-date (About dialog, page Information, click the button right beside the Version input field if enabled)
The tasks 2 and 3 you will need to do after each SmartGit update.
If SmartGit, SmartSVN or SmartSynchronize crashes for you on dialogs where (on other platforms) comboboxes are visible, please check whether the oxygen-gtk style is selected. It is reported to be extremely buggy and better should be replaced with either Adwaita or Clearlooks-Phenix:
- Â Open the System Settings
- Select the Application Appearance
- On the GTK+ Appearance page select, e.g. Adwaita
SWT bug report
Please also check out javaclipse.blogspot.de/2015/06/mars-on-linux.html for alternative hints.