We are delighted to announce the official release of SmartGit 21.1. First, we want to thank all users who have tested the preview versions and provided valuable feedback. Without you, the progress would not have been possible!
We have taken the SmartGit user feedback seriously and implemented some of the most requested features. SmartGit 21.1 comes with
- rewritten Changes view with image compare, optional unified diff, full syntax coloring (even with compact display),
- improved conflict solving (visual selection of ours/theirs),
- Azure DevOps integration,
- avatars used in graph – even if the gravatars.com access is deselected,
- the JIRA integration can set issues in-progress,
- cherrying-pick files (or parts of stashes),
- partial clone support,
- easier split commits,
- “Commit debugger” (step from commit to commit),
- and improved a lot of other existing features.
Check out What’s New for a more detailed list of improvements in version 21.1.
SmartGit is a graphical front-end for the distributed version control systems Git which also can be used to work with Subversion repositories. SmartGit runs on 64-bit systems of Windows 7-10, macOS 10.13-11 and Linux (GTK 3.20+).
SmartGit can be used free of charge for by OpenSource developers, students, teachers or certain welfare institutions. For commercial use or if support is needed, you can purchase commercial licenses starting with 59 USD/year net (55 EUR/year net).
Note: if you already have an existing installation of SmartGit and your license covers updates until 2021-07-12 or later, you will be upgraded automatically during the next couple of days.