The Repository Browser offers a direct view into the repository and basic commands to manipulate repository contents directly. The Repository Browser comes as a stand-alone frame. It can be invoked from within the Project Window by Query|Open in Repository Browser or by Window|New Repository Browser. If a tray icon is present the Repository Browser frame can be invoked by New Repository Browser. The Repository Browser can also be invoked from Project Window commands via Repository path input fields and commands like Check Out or Import into Repository provide inbound Repository Browsers.
The repository file system is only scanned on demand. This happens when currently unscanned directories are expanded. The Directory States shows the possible directory states.will be used to display directory icons.
|Default||An already scanned repository directory without special meaning.|
|Unscanned||A not yet scanned repository directory.|
|Root||A project root, according to some.|
|Trunk/Branch||A trunk or branch, according to some.|
|Tag||A tag according to some.|
|Intermediate||An intermediate directory according to some. For instance the parent directory (container) of the branches.|
|Error||An error has occurred while scanning the repository, only displayed for the root directory.|
- Use Open to change the currently browsed repository. This command opens a dialog where you can enter a Repository URL to browse. It's recommended (though not necessary) to enter repository root URLs.
- Use Show Revision to change the currently displayed revision.
- Use Check Out to check out the currently selected directory. This will bring up a simplified Check Out wizard, for details refer to Check Out.
- Manage Log Caches, see Manage Log Caches.
- Use Close to close the frame.
- Use Exit to exit SmartSVN.
- Use Stop to cancel the currently processing operation. This action might not be applicable for certain operations.
- Use File Filter to put the focus into the File Filter field.
- Use Configure Layout to configure the for the currently selected directory.
- Use Dismiss Layout to dismiss the Tag-Branch-Layout for the currently selected directory. This can be useful to get rid of a 'deeper' layout in favor of its parent layout.
- Use Copy Name to copy the name of the selected file/directory to the system clipboard. If multiple files are selected, all names will be copied, each on a new line.
- Use Copy URL to copy the URLs of the selected file/directory to the system clipboard. If multiple files are selected, all URLs will be copied, each on a new line.
- Use Set Encoding to configure the encoding which will be used when displaying file contents for the various Query-commands. Refer to Text File Encoding for details on when encodings will be applied.
- Use Customize to customize accelerators.
- Use Preferences to show the application preferences (see Preferences).
- Use Refresh to explicitly refresh the contents of the Directory tree and the File table from the repository.
- Select Files from Subdirectories to also view files from within subdirectories of the currently selected directory.
- Create Directory, see Create Directory (Repository).
- Remove, see Remove (Repository).
- Rename, see Rename.
- Copy, see Copy/Move.
- Move, see Copy/Move
- Edit Properties, see Edit Properties (Repository).
- Use Open to open the currently selected file. SmartSVN will check out the file to a temporary location and open it in the specified editor. For details refer to the corresponding Open command in the Project Window .
- Use Open in Repository Browser to open the currently selected file or directory in a new repository browser window. This is especially useful for externals.
- Use Compare on a selection of two files or two directories to compare their contents. For details refer to File Compare and Compare Repository Files or Directories (Command), respectively.
- Use Log to display the log for the currently selected directory or file. For details refer to the .
- Use Revision Graph to display the revision graph for the currently selected directory or file. For details refer to the Revision Graph.
- Use Save As to save the contents of the selected file to a local file. Enter the Target Path and select whether to Expands keywords or leave them unexpanded (as they are in the repository).
Refer to Window for more details.
Refer to Help for more details.