We are delighted to announce the official release of SmartGit 20.2. First, we want to thank all users who have tested the preview versions and provided valuable feedback. Without you, the progress would not have been possible!
We have taken the SmartGit user feedback seriously and implemented some of the most requested features. SmartGit 20.2 comes with
- support for macOS Big Sur (11),
- Subtree support,
- improved drag and drop of refs between Graph and Branches view,
- rewritten syntax coloring, also for new languages like ANTLR, Dart, Nim, Shell Scripts, Swift, V,
- improved Graph filtering and navigation,
- support for UTF-32 (e.g. emojis),
- preferences search,
- and improved a lot of other existing features.
Check out What’s New for a more detailed list of improvements in version 20.2.
SmartGit is a graphical front-end for the distributed version control systems Git which also can be used to work with Subversion repositories. SmartGit runs on 64-bit systems of Windows 7 – 10, macOS 10.11 – 11 (x86-64) and Linux.
SmartGit can be used free of charge for by OpenSource developers, students, teachers or certain welfare institutions. For commercial use or if support is needed, you can purchase commercial licenses starting with 59 USD/year net (55 EUR/year net).
Note: if you already have an existing installation of SmartGit and your license supports free upgrades, you will be upgraded automatically during the next couple of days.